Durian crepe or durian pancake recipe is simpler than you think — You just need to combine durian with whipping cream, making it look like a ‘pillow’.
This dessert is very popular in Southeast Asia, especially during Durian season. The fluffier, the better.
Pro Tip: Combine it with this Sea Salt Vitamin Drink for a truly satisfying experince!
30g wheat flour
15g custard flour
50g tapioca flour / OR corn flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon oil / 5 tablespoon butter
50ml vanilla extract
50 ml pandan leaf extract
300g whipping cream
1. Mix wheat flour, custard flour, tapioca flour, sugar, egg, milk, oil and water (100ml) until it becomes a smooth batter. Then, run the batter through a sieve
2. Separate the batter into 3 bowls. Then, add pandan extract, strawberry extract and water to each individual bowl. Mix well and set aside for at least 15 minutes.
3. Once the batter is mixed well, pour a thin layer onto a non-stick pan which has been heated on medium heat. Remove crepe skin once it solidifies.
4. Beat whipping cream until stiff. Place 1 tablespoon of whipped cream onto the middle of the crepe skin followed by a spoonful of durian.
5. Wrap to create the shape of a fluffy “pillow”, serve chilled.