Dish washing sponge will be Asian mom’s most favourite item after food containers. Every house in Malaysia have this green and yellow dish washing sponge beside their sink.
Recently this social media influencers took their creativity to another level by actually making an edible dish washing sponge into a cake and they call it dish washing ‘sponge’ cake.
They using it as an object to prank their friends and family. And that is extremely fun and funny at the same time!
You might be curious on how to make this happen? Here comes the secret!
Lemon sponge cake:
140g all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2g baking powder
pinch of salt
45g lemon juice
“Soap foam” Lemon Meringue frosting:
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 egg white
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Pro Tips: Use HeySong C&C Lemon Drink for extra lemon flavour in the cake!
Now Let The Magic Begins:
1. Mix the butter (melted), sugar, salt and vanilla extract, whisk it properly. Next, add the eggs one by one and continue whisking.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder onto the mixture.
3. Pour and mix the lemon juice and separate the mixture into three portions.
4. For 2/3 of the mixture, add a few drops of yellow food colouring
5. For 1/3 of the mixture, add a few drops of green food colouring plus a drop of black food colouring
6. Prepare two baking pans for the mixtures (the chef used an 8-inch square size pan)
7. Preheat the oven to 160 degree Celsius ( Yellow cake is baked for 15 minutes, Green cake is baked for 10 minutes)
8. Let the cakes cool down for 15 minutes
9. Spread some marmalade onto the yellow cake
10. Place the green cake on top and scrape off the green cake mildly to give it that “sponge” texture.
Lemon meringue “foam”:
1. Mix the lemon juice, egg white, vanilla extract and sugar, whisk it over a water bath.
Once, you’ve done all this, just enjoy the cake or maybe you can even prank your friends!
Brilliant recipe by Herman Huang
For more Delicious content, LIKE us on Facebook: