With the quarantine being over, Malaysians are now more than happy to go out and about as per usual. However, there’s one problem — the heat is seriously messing with our vibes!
Eating ice cream is a great way to cool down in this summer heat, and since everyone knows that Magnum is the best, so why not try to make some at home?
225 ml of dairy/coconut whipping cream
100 ml of evaporated/fresh/UHT milk
135 ml of sweetened condensed milk
2 cups/ 250 g of dark or milk chocolate compound
ice cream plastic bags/container
1 tsp ovalette (stabiliser used in baking sponge cakes)
For the chocolate
1. Fill a pot up to 1/3 with water, and place a small steel bowl inside (this is where you’re going to melt your chocolate).
2. Then, place all of your chocolate in the small steel bowl and melt it over medium heat.
3. Continue stirring the chocolate until it melts completely. Once it does, turn off the stove, set the chocolate aside, and let it cool completely.
For the ice cream
1. In a blender, combine the dairy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated/fresh/UHT milk, and ovalette.
2. Blend the mixture for 2 minutes.
1. Pour the melted chocolate into a piping bag or plastic if you don’t have a piping bag.
2. Squeeze some chocolate inside the ice cream plastic bags – not too much because you’re going to spread the chocolate.
3. Spread the chocolate inside the ice cream plastic bag by laying it flat on a surface and push the chocolate from the entrance all the way to the bottom of the plastic bag.
4. Once the plastic bag is “coated” , using a funnel, pour the ice cream mixture into the bag until it’s filled. Don’t forget to leave some space for the knot you will make to seal the bag.
5. Seal the bag well with a knot and freeze overnight.
You can enjoy your homemade ice cream however you like — we suggest pairing it with this delicious Salted Egg Yolk Ice Cream Tube for extra oomph!