Rice wine is easy to make and even a novice cook can make this easy drink at home.
In fact, you do not even need to use fancy rice such as basmati or the flavoured ones to make it.
Just simple plain white rice is good enough, and when it’s ready, you can pair it with delicious rice wine noodles to complete your meal. Let’s take a look at the recipe:
3/4 cup white rice
1 1/4 kg sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
Lemon: Juice of 4 lemon
3/4 cup black raisin with seeds (This recipe won’t work with lighter coloured, seedless raisins)
4, 740 ml water
1. Add all of the ingredients into a clean ceramic jar “bharani”, and mix well.
2. Keep the lid tighly closed using a cloth.
3. For the next 18 days, check the jar every morning and evening, and mix the content with a wooden spoon.
4. On the 19th day, strain the wine and keep it in a new ceramic jar for another 7 days. (You can use the same jar, but make sure it is cleaned beforehand)
5. On the 26th day, strain and pour into bottles.
6. Your rice wine will finally be ready for consumption after 7 days.
So there you have it — super easy steps to make rice wine! You may have to wait for over one month before drinking your creation, but the good news is, you can store them for a long time too.
Keeping the rice wine for a longer time will make it more mature and essentially, taste stronger.
Try this recipe out and let us know if it tastes like what you expect it to be. Enjoy! 🙂