This article is brought to you by Deliciouse. Click here for more unique Asian snacks.
Instant ramen has become a staple in every Asian household.
Now, life is about to get better with this fun and tasty spin on a traditional hamburger and ramen noodles! All you need it some soy sauce and sesame oil 😉
It was invented by Keizo Shimamoto and has inspired legions of fans to queue up in line for a taste.
Curious? We’re gonna show you how to create your own ramen burger and see what all the hype is about!
2 packages instant ramen noodles, flavour packet discarded
2 large eggs
Salt and black pepper
120g burger patties (chicken / beef / spam)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 slices cheese
2 tablespoons chile-garlic sauce (such as Sriracha)
Onion, lettuce and tomatoes as dressings
Step-by- Step Guide
1. Cook the ramen noodles according to the directions on the package then drain off the liquid. Let it cool to room temperature.
2. Whisk the eggs until no streaks of yolk remain. Add the ramen, tossing thoroughly to coat with the egg and season it with salt and pepper. Then, divide it into two portions.
3. Cover the ramen with plastic wrap and weigh it down with a can of soup to compress it into a bun shape. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
4. Fry each ramen bun without moving noodles in hot oil until golden brown. Flip each bun and continue frying until crisp (3 to 5 minutes more). Ramen bun should be crispy on one side and slightly softer on the other.
5. Season the patty with soy sauce, salt and pepper and sesame oil. Cook the burger over medium-high heat until medium-rare, or to your preferred degree of doneness.
6. Assemble the burger in order. You can add your dressings and siracha sauce for a better taste.
Let us know if you will like this recipe.